Mr. Robert F. Shearer, PE, President and Owner of Shearer & Associates, Inc., had a dream of starting his own engineering firm primarily to provide highly effective engineering services to government clients. Mr. Shearer made this goal a reality, in September of 2000 founding, Shearer & Associates, Inc., specializing in facility and security engineering.
Shearer & Associates, starting as a one-man company with an office in a garage in Athens, Alabama, had grown and relocated to an office suite in Cummings Research Park, Huntsville, Alabama, four years later.
Shearer & Associates continues this remarkable journey of growth by expanding capabilities as well as customer-base. While on the course of this journey, Shearer & Associates has been recognized as a premier engineering firm providing expertise related to Security Engineering, Facilities Engineering, and Construction/Program Management. Our Capabilities have expanded to provide expertise in the following areas:
- Program and Project Management Services
- Design and Construction Management
- Master Planning, Programming and Budgeting
- Cost Engineering and Scheduling
- Electronic and Physical Security Systems Engineering
- Energy Management and Control Systems Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Logistics and Sustainability Planning
- Training, Partnering and Facilitation Support
- Environmental Compliance
Our success could not have been achieved without the expertise, knowledge, dedication and loyalty of our employees. Additionally, a big thank you is in order for our team members and government clients for the many opportunities that have been provided to us. Shearer & Associates looks forward to the many possibilities ahead and is truly grateful for our nation and system of government that gives us the ability to thrive.